Reduce food sources that encourage increases in wildlife population.
- Remove/modify bird feeders, as they attract rodents.
- Remove debris, woodpiles, and places rodents can hide.
- Cut grass, rake leaves, etc.
Exclusion and Modification to the Vehicle
- Keep the vehicle in a garage rather than outdoors when not in use.
- Move the vehicle to a new location.
- Move the vehicle more often.
- Wash off any salts from the engine as squirrels and other rodents are attracted to salt. Consult a mechanic on proper washing techniques.