Image Use Agreement
Important Image Use Information
In order to use the images in the ICWDM Database (the ICWDM Images), you must first acknowledge that you have read and understand, and agree to, the Image Usage Agreement below that governs your use of the ICWDM Images. If you do not agree to the terms below, you may not copy or use the ICWDM Images in any way, unless you obtain the prior written consent of the University Nebraska isr the owner of the image(s) you wish to use.
Image Use Agreement:
Presentation Quality Images
Presentation Quality Images are defined as those images available for immediate download from the ICWDM ContentDM site.
2. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you may use the ICWDM Images found on the UNL Content DM site solely for non-profit, educational purposes. This right to use is not transferable by you to another party.The ICWDM Images cannot be used to promote or sell any product or technology or for any other commercial purpose, except as noted in section 2. You may not alter or modify the ICWDM Images, in whole or in part, for any reason, except to scale for layout purposes.
3. Commercial websites may use presentation quality images for educational and sales purposes provided that the images contain the following information visibly with the photo or in the alt tag, “Copyright, 2006, Board of Regents of The University of Nebraska for and on behalf of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. http://ICWDM.com.” Failure to include this information with each image constitutes a violation of the terms of the agreement.
4. All ownership rights to the ICWDM Images is and shall remain the sole and exclusive property of the University of Nebraska or the parties otherwise noted in connection with an individual image. You will not delete, alter, or obfuscate any proprietary legends relating to the ICWDM Images, and each use will be accompanied by the applicable proprietary attribution shown next to the individual images.
5. The ICWDM Images are provided to you without warranty of any kind, including non-infringement or ownership. You, not the University of Nebraska, are responsible for your use of the ICWDM Images. You agree to hold harmless the University of Nebraska from and against any damage, cost or liability, including reasonable attorneys’ fees for any acts or omissions of the University of Nebraska, its officers, employees, agents, or subcontractors through your use of the ICWDM Images.> You hereby assume all liability for any cause of action which may arise as a result of your use of the ICWDM Images.
6. You will give credit to the University of Nebraska as follows: “Copyright, 2006, Board of Regents of The University of Nebraska for and on behalf of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.”
7. This Agreement shall be governed by the Laws of the State of Nebraska.
Print Quality Images (PQI) are defined as those images which must be obtained by asking ICWDM to make available to the user.
Photo Credit Line: All illustrations and images provided by this organization must be credited with the following byline: ICWDM.com
Additionally, a copy of the publication, containing the purchased image must be sent to the ICWDM. Contact information can be found at http://icwdm.com/about-us.
Image Ownership: The Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management (hereby referred to as ICWDM) owns the rights to all images provided through the ICWDM Content DM site. Use of any image is granted by the ICWDM for one-time, nonexclusive production only and can be extended for further use upon the development of expanded agreements.
Patrons who break this agreement will be charged accordingly.
Fees and Charges: The ICWDM requires compensation to cover research, handling, and commission costs for all requests.
Compensation for this service is as follows per one image:
For-profit agencies, organizations, or groups$50.00
Non-profit agencies, organizations, or groups $25.00 (Proof of non-profit status required.)
Nebraska Sales tax will be added for Nebraska Residents per state law, unless Tax Exempt ID # is provided.
Right of Refusal and Waivers: The ICWDM reserves the right to refuse any request as well as the right to waive fees and charges as deemed necessary by the ICWDM.
For Further Questions or Inquiries: Please contact the ICWDM if you have questions or comments regarding the use of any ICWDM image on the ICWDM Content DM site.
By signing below, you and the agency or organization you represent, acknowledge and agree to the terms and fees listed above.
_____________________________ SIGN Printed Name____________________
Personal inquiries should be sent to Scott Hygnstrom.
Terms of Submission (draft)
The Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management Call for Wildlife Photos
The ICWDM in cooperation with the USDA/National Wildlife Research Center is creating an on-line photo database to tell the story of wildlife damage management. We believe that the public is woefully uninformed about the important role that wildlife damage managers play in protecting, life, health and property.
We hope you will help us tell this story by allowing the ICWDM-USDA/NWRC to make your photos available to others, for publications and presentations (like PowerPoint).
We need print (3 megapixels or higher) and presentation quality (72 dpi) photos on
Bird strikes Vehicle strikes Rodent damage Urban wildlife problems, especially coyotes, bears, cougars Feral Pigs Structural damage Agricultural damage, flooded roads, Feces Tracks Animal young Animals in the wild Animal control equipment and activities
In short, everything related to wildlife control.
Contributors will have their names, businesses and/or organizations honored on the ICWDM site.
Q. I would like to donate some photos. What do I have to do?
A. First, include a note affirming that you give the ICWDM permission to make these photos available to the public.
Second, include your name (as you wish it to appear) with a statement that you own the photos.
Third, any information you can provide about the photos is appreciated, such as location where taken, date, and description of the scene, identification of individuals within the photo. If you are sending prints, write the information on the back of the print with a FELT tipped marker. Don’t use ball point pen as it will crease the image.
Q. I want to donate some photos. But will I lose the rights to them?
A. No. You retain the right to sell and use your photos as you wish. You are just allowing the ICWDM to make your images available to those who visit the site. The ICWDM will also be digitally watermarking or otherwise providing copyright info on the photo to help protect image ownership.
Q. Can I send photos to you via e-mail?A. Certainly! Just be sure that each e-mail doesn’t exceed 6 megabytes in size. Our e-mail is email@example.com.