Frequently Asked Questions

How do I determine which animal is causing the problem? How can I contact the professors?
How can I get rid of skunk odor? How can I obtain individual assistance?
How can I donate a photo to the ICWDM? Where can I find research materials for a report?
Where can I learn how to control a particular nuisance animal? Can I use material on the site?

Q. How do determine which animal is causing the problem?

A. The best way is to visit the Animal Damage Identification Decision Tree. This area will ask you a series of questions to help you discover what animal is causing the problem.

Q. How can I get rid of skunk odor?

A. We have a variety of resources to help you properly remove skunk odor.Click skunk deodorizing.

Q. I have explored the site but I haven't been able to find the answer to my specific question. Is there a way I can speak with someone?

A. The Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management offers individualized help for both property owners and professional nuisance wildlife damage control operators.

Q. I would like to speak with the professors who founded the site. How can I get in touch with them?

A. As you can understand, the professors are extremely busy.  They enjoy helping the public but their commitments require that they carefully regulate that aspect of their work.  They prefer that you carefully and thoroughly state your question and/or topic and send it to this email.  Chances are he can help you. If he can't, he can forward the question/issue along.

Q. How can I donate a photo to the Internet Center for Wildlife Damage Management?

A. Thank you for your generous offer. ICWDM appreciates the public's willingness to provide images to educate others about the field of wildlife damage management.

Images should be accompanied with the following information

  1.     a note providing the ICWDM full permission to use of the photo.  ICWDM only wishes to have non-exclusive serial rights to the photo. You can still use the photo as you see fit.
  2.     Contact information and how you would like to be credited for the photo (personal name or business name, web address etc.)
  3.     any information on the city/county and state where the photo was taken
  4.     date or year when the photo was taken (if possible)
  5.     a brief description describing the photo if there is any doubt about what it shows. For example, feces and prints should be identified.
  • Digital photos can be sent via e-mail by contacting the webmaster  We can handle images 5 mgs or smaller. Larger photos should be burned to a CD or DVD and mailed to the Center.
  • Print photos should be mailed to the Center. Send them to


    We will scan the the photos and return the originals as well as providing you with a digital version of the photos for your own use. It is our way of saying thanks for making the images available.

Q. Where can learn how to control a particular nuisance species?

A.  The ICWDM has two areas where you can find information on controlling the damage caused by specific species:

  1. The Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage handbook is considered the Bible of wildlife damage control in North America. Although a bit dated, it is an excellent place to get an overview of available control methods. Click to view the table of contents.  Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage Handbook
  2. We also have individual pages on various species that seeks to provide information that goes beyond what is available in the Prevention and Control of Wildlife Damage Handbook.  They are organized under three basic categories:


Skip Navigation LinksHome > FAQ