Protecting Your Vehicle from Wildlife Damage
Disclaimer: Prevention is an imperfect discipline. Animals adapt to our methods and materials and workmanship break and decay over time. Monitoring and maintenance are necessary in any prevention program. Acting quickly before a problem gets out of hand will save you a lot of trouble down the road.
If you are looking to mitigate a problem that is already occurring please visit the solutions links in the menu bar. If you aren't sure what the cause of the problem is then visit the animal damage identification section.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER secure a vent or hole unless you are absolutely sure the hole or vent is no longer being used.
Vehicle Protection Strategies
Habitat Modification - Reduce food
sources that encourage wildlife population growth
- Remove/Modify bird feeders
- Remove debris, woodpiles, and places rodents can hide
- Cut grass, rake leaves etc.
Exclusion and Car Modification
- Garage the car
- Wash off any salts from the engine. Consult mechanic on proper
- Move the vehicle to a new location
- Move the vehicle more often
Information on control of the various species--Click
Wildlife Control Manual